The media has been advocated to use their platforms to educate the public
The National Petroleum Authority (NPA) interacted with the media to seek ways on how the media can provide their help towards the campaign to improve safety in the fuel industry.
In order to avert fuel related accidents, media personnel were urged to use their platforms to educate the general public on safety precautions in handling fuel products such as premix, LPG etc., which are highly combustive and need a lot of care and attention to safety measures while using them.
Chief Executive of NPA, Mr. Alhassan Tampuli “We are about launching the national safety day to raise national consciousness on the need to observe safety practices in our operations as well as among users of the product”.
Pump attendants, station managers, depot managers, tank drivers were aimed to be trained by the NPA and issue them with certificates to enable them perform their duties within the confines of the standard operating procedures. PWKD02082017
Latest from PWKD
- Mexico: Chevron’s Hermosillo First Fuel Service Station Ready To Kick Off
- USA: Excentus’ Fuel Rewards Program Grow To 10 Million Members
- UAE: ADNOC Rewards Quickly Acting Fuel Service Station Employees
- England UK: ITM Power Launches ‘Hydrogen for Transport Program’
- Vietnam: Petrolimex Fuel Retail Network Expansion