Carrefour Brazil is scheduled to open its 100th Carrefour Express store later this year.
Most of the new store openings in the rest of 2017 will be under the Atacadão and Express banners. The Company plans to launch a food e-commerce operation, initially in São Paulo, as well as a programme of personalised offers and discounts for customers.
A net profit of R$299 million (€79.3 million) in the second quarter of 2017, has been reported by Carrefour Brazil, down by 3.4% compared to the same period last year.
Net revenue increased by 7.9% year-on-year to R$12.29 billion (€3.26 billion), with capital expenditure of R$507 million (+20.5%), 42% of which was directed at opening new stores.
A total of 588 stores is currently being operated by the retailer in Brazil, 65 more than in 2015. This includes 139 cash & carry stores, 23 Atacadão outlets, 102 hypermarkets, 40 supermarkets, 87 Carrefour Express convenience stores, 124 pharmacies, and 73 fuel service stations. PWKD16082017
Latest from PWKD
- Morocco: Vivo Energy 15th School Kids Needs Distribution Initiative
- Dover Appoints Jeroen de Gruijter As New Managing Director
- Malaysia: 7-Eleven Expansion In Mall Locations
- Chile: Condorito Promotion Across Copec Fuel Retail Network
- USA: Indian Wells Valley Airport District & EV Connect EV Charging Partnership