The fuel is directly delivered to ships through a pipeline from the terminal without any separate truck or vessel.
The ex-pipe delivery of low-sulphur marine fuel has been started by Neste at the Södertälje terminal in Sweden. The fuel is directly delivered to ships through a pipeline from the terminal without any separate truck or vessel. This service is available both for ships calling the Södertälje terminal for cargo and for ships passing the terminal. It will be first used by Astral, a tanker operated by Sirius Chartering.
Matti Lehmus, Executive Vice President, Oil Products at Neste said, "We started the delivery of low-sulphur marine fuel in Sweden at the beginning of the year. We are very happy that we were able to launch our bunkering service also by means of ex-pipe delivery. As a result a ship can be bunkered while performing other ship operations. The delivery of marine fuel is more effective, and ships do not need to spend any more of their valuable time for bunkering at the port. What is more, the delivery is safer as refueling trucks do not need to operate amidst other cargo.”
Martin Sjöholm, Commercial Manager at Sirius Chartering said, "We want to offer fast, reliable and safe transportation of cargo to our customers. Neste's ex-pipe delivery of marine fuel improves the efficiency of our operations, allowing us to plan our routes better than before. Bunkering can take place at the same time as the cargo is loaded or unloaded, minimizing the time spent at the port. It is also environmentally friendly to bunker Neste's low-sulphur marine fuel in Södertälje, which makes it an excellent choice for us.”
The low-sulphur marine fuel reduces sulphur emissions and has tighter regulations. The fuel doesn’t require any additional investment or change to the existing vessels. Current EU and national regulations demand lower sulphur emissions from ships operating in the Baltic Sea and North Sea and in the English Channel. Neste currently has two low-sulphur marine fuels (lighter Neste MDO DMB and heavier Neste RMB) with sulphur concentrations of less than 0.1 percent. Neste also provides technical training in addition to marine fuels delivery. PWKD01032017
- Denmark: GTL Fuel Replaces Regular Diesel Around Copenhagen Canals
- Ecuador: EP Petroecuador Marine Fuel Development for Fishing Industry
- Cockett Group's Appoints Caroline Huot As Lubricants Global Head
- Panama: Shell & Carnival LNG Supply Contract
- Japan: Yokohama Port Considered For First LNG Marine Fueling Station
Latest from PWKD
- Morocco: Vivo Energy 15th School Kids Needs Distribution Initiative
- Dover Appoints Jeroen de Gruijter As New Managing Director
- Malaysia: 7-Eleven Expansion In Mall Locations
- Chile: Condorito Promotion Across Copec Fuel Retail Network
- USA: Indian Wells Valley Airport District & EV Connect EV Charging Partnership