Caroline Huot has been appointed as the global head of lubricants for Cockett Group.
With 20 years of global experience in the downstream oil industry and specialty in lubricant trading, she has extensive network of customers and vendors globally. She would be based out of Singapore and would lead in the development of Cockett Group’s lubricant business on a global basis.
Huot’s good knowledge of several languages including French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian will provide a greater opportunity for her to develop Cockett Group’s new marine lubricants business on a global basis.
Cem Saral, Group Chief Executive Officer for Cockett Group said, “At Cockett Group we are continually searching for new talent to aid our business growth, and the enlarged reselling division with a dedicated focus on lubricants with Caroline joining our team enables our products and services to expand further. This is an exciting time for the group. It is a very exciting new assignment for me as the Cockett Group global coverage is a perfect fit with marine lubricants logistics and service requirements as well as shipping customers’ expectations. In addition, the strength of the group on the shipping market for fuels and the service values attached to the brand are bringing to this new initiative both spirit, commitment and synergies thus promising strong expansion and bringing real benefits to ship owners and ship managers around the globe. In a period when the shipping industry is still struggling and the products and services offered by some traditional networks are being somewhat downsized, I strongly believe that the market will support Cockett Group’s expansion in the lubricants field.”
The regional initiative by Cockett Group, started in Istanbul branch in late 2015 to focus on marketing marine lubricants, has now expanded at a global level. Cockett Group said that there are further synergies to be explored on marketing land-based lubricants as well, about which the company is confident.
Cockett Group is one of the world’s leading providers of marine and petroleum products and services. The company is owned by Vitol Group (50%) and Grindrod Limited (50%). Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, the group operates from 16 offices globally, spread over five continents with annual trading volume in excess of seven million metric tonnes per annum. PWKD23112016
- Denmark: GTL Fuel Replaces Regular Diesel Around Copenhagen Canals
- Ecuador: EP Petroecuador Marine Fuel Development for Fishing Industry
- Sweden: Neste Ex-Pipe Delivery Of Low-Sulphur Marine Fuel
- Panama: Shell & Carnival LNG Supply Contract
- Japan: Yokohama Port Considered For First LNG Marine Fueling Station
Latest from PWKD
- Morocco: Vivo Energy 15th School Kids Needs Distribution Initiative
- Dover Appoints Jeroen de Gruijter As New Managing Director
- Malaysia: 7-Eleven Expansion In Mall Locations
- Chile: Condorito Promotion Across Copec Fuel Retail Network
- USA: Indian Wells Valley Airport District & EV Connect EV Charging Partnership