Carnival PLC and Shell Western LNG BV have signed marine LNG supply deal.
Carnival PLC Cruise ship operators declares that they have signed a contract with Shell Western LNG BV, a unit of Royal Dutch Shell PLC, to be its supplier of marine liquefied natural gas to power the fully LNG-powered cruise ships. As per the agreement, Shell will be supplying the two new LNG-powered AIDA Cruises and Costa Cruises brands of Carnival Corporation’s, which are expected to launch in 2019.
The supply agreement builds on the partnership established between Carnival Corporation's AIDA Cruises brand and Shell in April of this year to supply its AIDAprima ship with LNG to power the vessel while docked. The AIDAprima is the first cruise ship in the world to use LNG while in port, leading to a major reduction in emissions. PWKD05102016.
- Denmark: GTL Fuel Replaces Regular Diesel Around Copenhagen Canals
- Ecuador: EP Petroecuador Marine Fuel Development for Fishing Industry
- Sweden: Neste Ex-Pipe Delivery Of Low-Sulphur Marine Fuel
- Cockett Group's Appoints Caroline Huot As Lubricants Global Head
- Japan: Yokohama Port Considered For First LNG Marine Fueling Station
Latest from PWKD
- Morocco: Vivo Energy 15th School Kids Needs Distribution Initiative
- Dover Appoints Jeroen de Gruijter As New Managing Director
- Malaysia: 7-Eleven Expansion In Mall Locations
- Chile: Condorito Promotion Across Copec Fuel Retail Network
- USA: Indian Wells Valley Airport District & EV Connect EV Charging Partnership