Legislative Framework of Shale Gas Operation to be ready in 2017
Tunisia, which shale gas reserves amount according to preliminary estimates to 650 billion m3, intends to use these resources provided it adopts an appropriate legislative framework in Tunisia said the Director General of Energy at the Ministry of Energy and Mining Ridha Bouzouada.
The Legislative framework, which will be ready in 2017, should take into account the training of Tunisian managers, especially as the operation of shale gas differs from that of conventional hydrocarbons, he indicated on the sidelines on the publishing of hydrocarbon exploration and production agreements in Tunisia.
He noted that shale gas reserves will meet domestic consumption in conventional energy which will help reduce energy dependence and achieve the country's self-sufficiency in this area. PWKD16062016
Latest from PWKD
- USA: Yesway Drives 45.2% of Its Loyalty Members from Pump to Store with Paytronix
- Uzbekistan: KFC First Fast-food Restaurant Launch in Uzbekistan
- Indonesia: PT Pertamina To Digitize Fuel Nozzles
- Paraguay: Petropar Unveils New Fuel Service Station
- Canada: Parkland Fuel Signs Agreement To Buy Rhinehart Oil Co., Inc.