Dantata Jetty is one of Africa’s largest jetty facilities that MRS has assigned
MRS Oil Nigeria Plc, downstream fuel company recently commissioned a berthing terminal – Dantata Jetty. The facility has a capacity to berth vessels of 80,000 – 120,000 metric tonnes of fuel products at the Tin Can Island Port in Lagos.
The facility allows mother vessels to berth directly at the new jetty. Considered by downstream players as the first of its kind in any port in Nigeria, the facility will save Nigeria millions of dollars spent annually by marketers of fuel products to hire daughter vessels to lift products from mother vessels to the depots.
Ibe Kachikwu, the Minister of State for Petroleum described the facility as the largest in Nigeria and said MRS’ acquisition of Chevron Oil has transformed the company from a small company to a large global one. Source: Energy Mix Report PWKD11042017
Latest from PWKD
- Australia: Vodafone’s Evolution Signifies Customer Choice & Freedom
- USA: Excentus Launches Loyalty Programs Exclusively For C-Stores
- Mexico: Total To Launch Bonjour Convenience Stores At Fuel Service Stations
- Dominican Republic: Anadegas Supports Selling LPG & Liquid Fuels In Same Space
- Ghana: EPA To Shut Non-Compliant LPG & Fuel Service Stations