The media has been advocated to use their platforms to educate the public
The National Petroleum Authority (NPA) interacted with the media to seek ways on how the media can provide their help towards the campaign to improve safety in the fuel industry.
In order to avert fuel related accidents, media personnel were urged to use their platforms to educate the general public on safety precautions in handling fuel products such as premix, LPG etc., which are highly combustive and need a lot of care and attention to safety measures while using them.
Chief Executive of NPA, Mr. Alhassan Tampuli “We are about launching the national safety day to raise national consciousness on the need to observe safety practices in our operations as well as among users of the product”.
Pump attendants, station managers, depot managers, tank drivers were aimed to be trained by the NPA and issue them with certificates to enable them perform their duties within the confines of the standard operating procedures. PWKD02082017
Latest from PWKD
- Mexico: Gulf Oil 2nd Fuel Service Station Launch
- USA: Terrible Herbst Leverages Gilbarco’s Impulse To Promote In-Store Sales
- USA: Matrix Declares Sale of Honey Farms, Inc. To Global Partners LP
- USA: Clean Energy Multiple Fleet Fueling CNG Station Launch
- Ghana: Shell’s Filling No Y3 Deep Promotion Finds First Winner