The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has stepped up the arrest and prosecution of erring marketers and fuel hawkers across the country, as part of its efforts to sanitize the fuel supply and distribution system.
The NNPC Special Task Force, after close monitoring made a series of arrests, including two fuel service station managers who diverted 66,000 liters of fuel, meant for their fuel service stations to unknown destinations.
In addition to being handed over to the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps for prosecution, the fuel service stations would pay a N250 fine for each liter of fuel diverted. PWKD09022018
Latest from PWKD
- Japan: FamilyMart & Airbnb Pick/Return Keys Partnership
- Uruguay: First Route For Electric Cars Opened
- USA: Trillium Third PennDOT Public CNG Station Launch
- Mauritius: Vivo Energy Represents ‘2018 Shell Smiling Stars’ Ceremony
- Ireland: Gas Networks & Clean Ireland First Private CNG Fuel Station Launch