The intention behind the move is to promote digital payments and digital ecosystem across the country
With the objective to facilitate all HPCL fuel retail network with BHIM/UPI merchant solutions, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between Vijaya Bank and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL).
The solution is being scaled to enable UPI acceptance in all HPCL outlets throughout the state of Karnataka, following the success of the pilot launch recently.
All fuel service station attendants and LPG delivery personnel will be able to accept digital payments with this rollout. Using BHIM Vijaya or any BHIM app that supports payments via UPI, customers can make payments by scanning a payment QR code.
Vijaya Bank MD and CEO R. A. Sankaranarayanan said, “Vijaya Bank has always been in the forefront of new digital initiatives initiated by the Centre. This is in line with the Government’s digital initiative and the bank’s continued effort to provide a robust digital ecosystem across the country, including rural India.”
He added that Vijaya Bank is pleased to participate in the roll-out with HPCL for BHIM/ UPI payments and is confident that the partnership will add to the growth of digital transactions. Source: The Hindu PWKD10102019
Latest from PWKD
- Mexico: Gulf Oil 2nd Fuel Service Station Launch
- USA: Terrible Herbst Leverages Gilbarco’s Impulse To Promote In-Store Sales
- USA: Matrix Declares Sale of Honey Farms, Inc. To Global Partners LP
- USA: Clean Energy Multiple Fleet Fueling CNG Station Launch
- Ghana: Shell’s Filling No Y3 Deep Promotion Finds First Winner