The 50:50 joint venture company has its focus on sourcing and marketing of natural gas in India.
The joint venture of BP and RIL, India Gas Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (IGS) has announced the appointment of Vinod Tahiliani as its CEO.
“The need for assured natural gas supplies to fuel the exponential energy demand and growth of India is crucial and our IGS partnership is well positioned to contribute significantly in this respect,” said Sashi Mukundan, Region President and Country Head, BP India.
PMS Prasad, Executive Director, RIL, said “Vinod Tahiliani brings with him the expertise to lead IGS as we look to further develop the business. Demand for natural gas has been growing at an exponential rate and we anticipate natural gas to emerge as the preferred choice of fuel given its properties as a cleaner and sustainable fuel source”.
Tahiliani joins IGS from BP, where he was most recently the Vice President, Strategy & Commercial for BP India and has over 25 years of international experience in the oil and gas business and project financing. PWKD08022018
Latest from PWKD
- USA: Apex Order Rolls Out First Heated, Self-Serve & Automated Pick-Up Station
- Mexico: Movilab Nyce To Be Authorized Lab To Analyze 6000 Fuel Service Stations
- USA: San Leandro Shifts Municipal Vehicles To Neste MY Renewable Diesel
- Italy: HAM Fuel Retail Network New CNG & LNG Station Expansion Continues
- Malaysia: Petronas & Digi Comprehensive Digital Partnership