PTT e-Wallet service will be available in the fourth quarter of this year, to support the government’s policy to promote a cashless society and to enhance consumer convenience and safety in payment of goods and services at PTT service stations and retail shops.
Mr. Chansin Treenuchagron, Chief Technology and Engineering Officer, PTTPLC, presided over the signing ceremony for cooperation between PTT Public Company Limited (PTT) represented by Mr. Auttapol Rerkpiboon, Chief Operating Officer, Downstream Petroleum Business Group and KASIKORNBANK (KBank), represented by Mr. Predee Daochai, President. The cooperation is aimed at developing PTT e-Wallet to enhance convenient and rapid payments in response to the government’s National e-Payment scheme under the Thailand 4.0 initiative. The event is held at PTT Head Office, Vibhavadi Rangsit,
Miss Jiraphon Kawswat, Executive Vice President for Oil Business Unit, PTTPLC revealed that financial innovations in the digital era reflect that consumers are less reliant on cash. To capitalize on this trend, PTT has readjusted its retail business through the development of PTT e-Wallet to accommodate consumers’ new lifestyles and respond to their changing expectations and needs as they are seeking greater convenience, speed and security.
PTT e-Wallet has been designed to be an option for consumers seeking to make e-payment at PTT fuel service stations and other PTT retail outlets, namely Café Amazon, Texas Chicken, Daddy Dough, Hua Seng Hong Restaurant, Fit Auto, and Jiffy. Aside from greater convenience, speed and security, the latest innovation - which may be used as an application or a card - allows customers to check transaction history, earn PTT Blue Card points, place advance orders, search nearby shops as well as receive myriads of promotional privileges from numerous merchants. Given an extensive branch network of PTT across the country, consumers can easily gain access to this technology that provides them with more convenience while small shops and communities can exploit the innovation to offer products and services to end-users, thus benefiting from PTT business expansion.
“PTT always emphasizes the development of products and services for the optimum satisfaction of consumers along with initiating new technologies and innovations to keep abreast of the fast-changing world where advanced technology has revolutionized business operations in terms of speed, convenience, security while also saving costs for both business and consumers, alike. PTT e-Wallet marks another milestone of PTT in the launch of technology-based innovation to elevate business competitiveness in response to the fast-changing world for sustainable growth”, added Ms.Jiraporn.
Mr. Predee Daochai, KBank President, said that technology and innovation are important drivers of service development in the modern era. KBank therefore has used its expertise from developing K PLUS application, which is used by more than 8.4 million people, as a guideline to devise the PTT e-Wallet application structure in two ways, as follows:
- Design user experience based on PTT’s advantages, including its thorough understanding toward customers. This is intended to make PTT e-Wallet to be a user friendly application, with maximum security, allowing PTT’s customers to have greater access to its services.
- The wallet structure design that meets PTT’s needs: This includes integrating technology with K PLUS that will allow K PLUS users to apply PTT e-Wallet more easily by confirming only their identity and then transferring funds into their wallets instantly; creating a data storage system like that of K PLUS to accommodate a large volume of transactions, based on the required world-class security standards; and designing a system for API to be able to connect with other partners, thus offering more opportunities for API to create new privileges for wallet users. In the future, PTT will allow retail shops in PTT stations and local community to sell products and complete payment process via PTT e-Wallet.
Mr. Predee added that PTT e-Wallet is designed based on such concept. It does not only respond to the customer needs to gain convenient shopping experience, but also realize PTT business goals to upgrade the customer service by applying data base from the wallet usage in designing promotional campaigns that match each client lifestyle, while boosting efficiency and cutting data management costs of PTT. PWKD09072018
Latest from PWKD
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés
- USA: Amazon Plans 3,000 Cashierless Stores By 2021
- USA: Hucks Convenience Stores & Godfather Pizza Partnership Extension
- Oman: Oman Oil Marketing Company Reveals Organizational Road Map
- Netherlands: Pitpoint 71st CNG / Greengas Station Launch