OMV has entered into a Heads of Agreement with Sapura Energy Berhad of Malaysia to form a strategic partnership.
The parties have agreed to continue negotiations on an exclusive basis. OMV intends to acquire a 50% interest in Sapura Energy’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Sapura Upstream Sdn Bhd. Sapura Upstream is a major independent oil and gas company based in Malaysia with a strong growth portfolio. The potential cooperation would allow OMV to enter into a partnership with a highly esteemed regional company.
“The intended partnership with Sapura is a major step to develop OMV’s activities in South East Asia. The oil and gas demand in this region is expected to increase strongly until 2030 and OMV is taking the opportunity to further expand the business and build up the new core region”, said Rainer Seele, CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board. PWKD12092018
Latest from PWKD
- Germany: Saxony First Hydrogen Service Station Launch By H2 MOBILITY
- India: IOC Launch Plastic Recycling in Fuel Retail Network
- USA: PriceAdvantage Selected By Casey’s General Stores For Fuel Price Management
- Hungary: MOL Recognized By Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés