The convenience store business plus fuel created $4 billion in total sales
The Kroger Co. has declared that its convenience store business generated revenue of $1.4 billion in 2016 and the figure only reflects inside sales. Kroger's convenience store business, including fuel, generated $4 billion in total sales last year.
As part of its Restock Kroger plan to redefine the food and grocery customer experience in America, Kroger had stated its intention to explore strategic alternatives for its convenience store business, including a potential sale. This is in light of a review of assets that could be possibly of more value outside the company than as part of Kroger.
Mr. Schlotman said, "Our convenience stores are strong, successful and growing with the potential to grow even more. We want to look at all options to ensure this part of the business is meeting its full potential. Considering the current premium multiples for convenience stores, we feel it is our obligation as a management team to undertake this review." PWKD13102017
Latest from PWKD
- OPW Global At Kuala Lumpur Expo 2018
- Hungary: Spar To Sponsor U18 European Athletics Championships
- Brazil: Senate Allows Ethanol Producers Selling Fuel To Fuel Service Stations
- USA: Market Force & Phillips 66 Introduce Key Driver Fuel Forecast Indicator
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution Rolls Out First Vehicle Inspection Centre