The convenience store business plus fuel created $4 billion in total sales
The Kroger Co. has declared that its convenience store business generated revenue of $1.4 billion in 2016 and the figure only reflects inside sales. Kroger's convenience store business, including fuel, generated $4 billion in total sales last year.
As part of its Restock Kroger plan to redefine the food and grocery customer experience in America, Kroger had stated its intention to explore strategic alternatives for its convenience store business, including a potential sale. This is in light of a review of assets that could be possibly of more value outside the company than as part of Kroger.
Mr. Schlotman said, "Our convenience stores are strong, successful and growing with the potential to grow even more. We want to look at all options to ensure this part of the business is meeting its full potential. Considering the current premium multiples for convenience stores, we feel it is our obligation as a management team to undertake this review." PWKD13102017
Latest from PWKD
- Mexico: Gulf Oil 2nd Fuel Service Station Launch
- USA: Terrible Herbst Leverages Gilbarco’s Impulse To Promote In-Store Sales
- USA: Matrix Declares Sale of Honey Farms, Inc. To Global Partners LP
- USA: Clean Energy Multiple Fleet Fueling CNG Station Launch
- Ghana: Shell’s Filling No Y3 Deep Promotion Finds First Winner