The convenience store business plus fuel created $4 billion in total sales
The Kroger Co. has declared that its convenience store business generated revenue of $1.4 billion in 2016 and the figure only reflects inside sales. Kroger's convenience store business, including fuel, generated $4 billion in total sales last year.
As part of its Restock Kroger plan to redefine the food and grocery customer experience in America, Kroger had stated its intention to explore strategic alternatives for its convenience store business, including a potential sale. This is in light of a review of assets that could be possibly of more value outside the company than as part of Kroger.
Mr. Schlotman said, "Our convenience stores are strong, successful and growing with the potential to grow even more. We want to look at all options to ensure this part of the business is meeting its full potential. Considering the current premium multiples for convenience stores, we feel it is our obligation as a management team to undertake this review." PWKD13102017
Latest from PWKD
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés
- USA: Amazon Plans 3,000 Cashierless Stores By 2021
- USA: Hucks Convenience Stores & Godfather Pizza Partnership Extension
- Oman: Oman Oil Marketing Company Reveals Organizational Road Map
- Netherlands: Pitpoint 71st CNG / Greengas Station Launch