A total of 350 jobs have been created by the opening
Operated by CFAO Retail, Carrefour Market shopping center, has been launched in the country. With this opening, CFAO retail continues its strategic roll-out in Africa. The opening of the first PlaYce shopping center took off two years back in Côte d’Ivoire.
With a total of 8,250 square meters, the Carrefour Market shopping center features a Carrefour supermarket with a unique selling proposition: high-quality fresh products, local products, exclusive Carrefour brand products, cleanliness standards to ensure food safety, and services that make customers’ lives easier and improve the shopping experience.
The launch has created a total of 350 jobs, with over 7000 hours of training provided to the new hires. A synergy has been developed between the two countries taking part in the project. Training in mass retail and convenience food has been received by managers from the Douala Carrefour Market and Brioche Doréeat CFAO Retail sites in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
Yaoundé will become home to a PlaYce shopping center, in 2019, a brand that is already very well known in sub-Saharan Africa. PWKD07122017
Latest from PWKD
- USA: Apex Order Rolls Out First Heated, Self-Serve & Automated Pick-Up Station
- Mexico: Movilab Nyce To Be Authorized Lab To Analyze 6000 Fuel Service Stations
- USA: San Leandro Shifts Municipal Vehicles To Neste MY Renewable Diesel
- Italy: HAM Fuel Retail Network New CNG & LNG Station Expansion Continues
- Malaysia: Petronas & Digi Comprehensive Digital Partnership