300 gyms will be opened, located at FamilyMart convenience stores
FamilyMart Co. has decided to roll out a 24-hour fitness gym business on the second floors, with the intention to tap consumers’ growing interest in fitness.
It aims to open 300 gyms on the second floors of FamilyMart stores and other locations, over the next five years, with the first one to open in Tokyo in mid-February.
In the face of intensifying competition from drug stores and other retailers, convenience stores are seeing patronage shelved.
Recently, coin-operated laundry machines were proposed to be installed at some FamilyMart stores to attract more customers by diversifying its services. Source: Japan Times PWKD11122017
- Malaysia: FamilyMart Master Franchisee To Pursue 300 Stores In Five Years
- *Philippines: FamilyMart Clark Global City Flagship Store Launch
- Japan: Henderson Mulls Purchase Of FamilyMart’s Hong Kong Unit
- Japan: FamilyMart & Airbnb Pick/Return Keys Partnership
- China: JD.com & FamilyMart Delivery Partnership
Latest from PWKD
- Germany: Saxony First Hydrogen Service Station Launch By H2 MOBILITY
- India: IOC Launch Plastic Recycling in Fuel Retail Network
- USA: PriceAdvantage Selected By Casey’s General Stores For Fuel Price Management
- Hungary: MOL Recognized By Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés