300 gyms will be opened, located at FamilyMart convenience stores
FamilyMart Co. has decided to roll out a 24-hour fitness gym business on the second floors, with the intention to tap consumers’ growing interest in fitness.
It aims to open 300 gyms on the second floors of FamilyMart stores and other locations, over the next five years, with the first one to open in Tokyo in mid-February.
In the face of intensifying competition from drug stores and other retailers, convenience stores are seeing patronage shelved.
Recently, coin-operated laundry machines were proposed to be installed at some FamilyMart stores to attract more customers by diversifying its services. Source: Japan Times PWKD11122017
Latest from PWKD
- OPW Global At Kuala Lumpur Expo 2018
- Hungary: Spar To Sponsor U18 European Athletics Championships
- Brazil: Senate Allows Ethanol Producers Selling Fuel To Fuel Service Stations
- USA: Market Force & Phillips 66 Introduce Key Driver Fuel Forecast Indicator
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution Rolls Out First Vehicle Inspection Centre