30 new stores are in the pipeline before end 2019
With the objective to operate SPAR Supermarkets in the Southern Federal District of Astrakhan, SPAR Russia has signed an exclusive licensing agreement with a new SPAR Partner, proposing to open 30 new SPAR stores in the region before the end of 2019.
With a sales area of 290m2, the first SPAR Supermarket in Astrakhan is unique not only in offering ready-made meals, but also in its product assortment, with consumers being able to buy quality European products not available in other stores in the city. A café is also included where customers can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, with free WiFi access and mobile charging stations.
Based on learnings from SPAR Russia Partners in other territories, employees of the new SPAR Astrakhan Supermarket were given thorough training, ahead of the launch. They were provided with an overview and understanding of the product assortment and own brand ranges, and were taught about the technologies used by SPAR.
Sergey Loktev, Managing Director of SPAR Russia said: “Our new SPAR Partner in Astrakhan is determined to expand the SPAR network. We have invested in the training of new specialists and the modernization of logistics and trade processes. In the coming months, we expect the opening of several new supermarkets in Astrakhan.” PWKD19022018
Latest from PWKD
- Germany: Saxony First Hydrogen Service Station Launch By H2 MOBILITY
- India: IOC Launch Plastic Recycling in Fuel Retail Network
- USA: PriceAdvantage Selected By Casey’s General Stores For Fuel Price Management
- Hungary: MOL Recognized By Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés