The investment allows Carrefour to expand its food e-commerce offering
One of the global leaders in food retail, Carrefour, purchased a majority stake in the start-up Quitoque.
Set up in 2014, Quitoqueis the French leader of meal kits delivered at home, and one of the French pioneers in Foodtech. It offers each week, through a subscription system, varied and healthy recipes to be prepared at home with local, organic and seasonal products. Particular attention is paid to the quality, freshness and taste of its products by preferring those of French origin.
Etienne Boix, co-founder of Quitoque: “This transaction confirms the relevance of our model and will enable us to capitalize on Carrefour’s strengths to accelerate our omnichannel development”.
“Carrefour constantly strives to be closer to its customers and to enrich the shopping experience by offering innovative services that simplify everyday shopping,” said Marie Cheval, Executive Director Customers, Services and Digital Transformation at Carrefour. “At the crossroads of digital and food, Quitoque will enable us to strengthen our position in the Foodtech industry in order to provide an omnichannel response to new consumer habits through the combination of proximity, convenience and quality.” PWKD19032018
- Brazil: Carrefour Launches Sabor & Qualidade Brand
- Brazil: Carrefour Brings In World Cup Football Fever
- France: Carrefour & Google Sign New Shopping Experience Strategic Partnership
- Carrefour Group Wins 2018 European Convenience Retail Sustainability Award
- France: Carrefour “100% Recyclable, Reusable or Compostable Packaging”