With the aim to expertly manage its inventory and streamline its supply chain processes, 7-Eleven, Inc. has successfully deployed a range of JDA Software, Inc. solutions in the JDA Cloud including JDA Demand, JDA Fulfillment and JDA Order Optimization.
JDA was selected by 7-Eleven to gain deeper visibility into its inventory to reduce high levels of out-of-stocks and decrease expiries while maintaining its expected 99 percent service levels. While planning for each store’s demand in multiple quantities and load types across multiple distribution centers, 7-Eleven, with JDA will fill each store’s perishable orders efficiently.
“We have become a team of high-performing, value-added planning aficionados that has achieved extraordinary changes in a short period of time. JDA has put 7-Eleven in a position to take control of our inventory, allowing us to maintain our expected 99 percent fill rates while managing our product expiry/write-offs down to one percent of our inventory holding costs,” said Dean Burkett, 7-Eleven director of demand planning.
The deployment has given the company better insight into its inventory as part of the planning process, and driven efficiencies across order planning and demand forecasting. Key contributors to the project success were JDA Services and JDA Cloud, making the implementation agile and faster to deliver. For stores to order items on their first order date, 7-Eleven has been able to cut order lead. 7-Eleven has been able to be more proactive with its suppliers about reducing costs across the supply chain, with the deployment’s concise demand plan and more accurate inventory ordering.
“By achieving operational excellence, convenience store retailers can gain market share, increase profitability and ultimately, enhance the customer experience. With JDA, 7-Eleven is increasing demand visibility across its stores and with its suppliers. Creating one consistent view of demand and inventory across its stores and distribution centers optimizes inventory levels and increases inventory turns, while leading to higher levels of customer satisfaction,” said Terry Turner, JDA president of North American retail. PWKD27042018
- Japan: Seven-Eleven Smartphone Ordering Launch
- Japan: 7Eleven Automated ‘Convenience Front Desk 24’ Launch In June
- USA: 7‑Eleven Brings DEADPOOL 2 Hero To life In Stores
- Australia: 7-Eleven’s Fuel App Saves Queenslanders Almost $1.3 Million
- Australia: 7-Eleven & Simply Cups Recycling Revolution Launch
Latest from PWKD
- Japan: FamilyMart & Airbnb Pick/Return Keys Partnership
- Uruguay: First Route For Electric Cars Opened
- USA: Trillium Third PennDOT Public CNG Station Launch
- Mauritius: Vivo Energy Represents ‘2018 Shell Smiling Stars’ Ceremony
- Ireland: Gas Networks & Clean Ireland First Private CNG Fuel Station Launch