The service is Automated Check-In Service for visitors to lodges
Enabling guests to collect and leave room keys 24 hours a day, Seven-Eleven Japan Co. has decided to launch an automated check-in service for minpaku (private lodging businesses).
With the goal to boost convenience for visitors to Japan, the service known as Convenience Front Desk 24, will be launched at some Seven-Eleven stores in Tokyo this June.
In a joint venture with travel agency JTB Corp., a new device for the service has been developed. The device takes photos of the guests’ faces and identification, once they input their booking numbers and other information on the display. Guests will be able to collect keys from dedicated lockers, after their identities are confirmed.
As soon as a related law comes into force to authorize minpaku services across Japan on a full scale, the unit of Seven & i Holdings Co. will introduce the service in phases. By the end of February 2021, the company aims to install the device at 1,000 outlets.
Lawson Inc., among other major convenience stores, has installed dedicated lockers to collect and leave keys for minpaku and car-sharing services at three outlets in Tokyo. A service to issue quick response codes for the electronic keys of minpaku facilities in Okinawa Prefecture, is being offered by FamilyMart Co., a subsidiary of FamilyMart Uny Holdings Co. Source: Japan Times PWKD11052018
- USA: 7 Eleven Kicks Off ‘Share-A-Slurpee’ Drink Offer
- USA: Franchisees Urge 7-Eleven to Revise Terms of New Agreement
- Australia: Simply Cups & 7-Eleven Partner For Recycling Initiatives
- Philippines: 7-Eleven Expansion Campaign In Nueva Vizcaya
- Canada: 7-Eleven Teams Up With Bike Share For Community Sponsor
Latest from PWKD
- USA: Husky Energy Unveils New iPhone Application
- Malaysia: Petronas Targets 30 Per Cent Non-Fuel Sales
- USA: Kroger & Alibaba First International Customers Online Store Launch
- USA: ExxonMobil 'Uber For Fuel' Expands in USA
- USA: Yesway Drives 45.2% of Its Loyalty Members from Pump to Store with Paytronix