ADNOC Distribution, is all set to open the first of ten Géant Express branded stores at fuel service stations in the UAE.
During the second and third quarters of this year, the other nine stores will open at existing ADNOC Distribution fuel service stations.
With an entirely new design and product mix including a renewed focus on fresh food, customers at the Al Mushrif store in Abu Dhabi will enjoy an improved experience. The existing site, in preparation for the opening, underwent significant changes and was refitted with the Géant Express brand and new convenience store layout.
ADNOC Distribution’s Acting CEO, Saeed Mubarak Al Rashdi, said, “ADNOC Distribution is determined to offer our convenience store customers more choice, service and convenience as we transform into a more customer-centric company. The opening of the first of ten Géant Express convenience stores at our service stations is a part of this, as are our broader convenience store growth plans which are proving very successful.”
The opening is following an agreement this year between the company and Urban Foods, which operates the Géant Express brand in the UAE.
“The opening of the first Géant Express branded store at an ADNOC Distribution service station is a milestone event in our partnership,” said Mark Lack, Urban Foods’ Senior Vice President of Operations. “As consumers become more time-stressed, they are increasingly looking for more ‘food to go’ and ‘food for now’ options, and that’s exactly what this Géant Express store will offer.”
Urban Foods will oversee category management, supply chain and logistics while the rebranded convenience stores will remain owned and operated by ADNOC Distribution, under the agreement between the companies, which followed a competitive process. PWKD15052018
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution Achieves AED 1,124m Net Profit For 1H 2018
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution Presents New Rewards Program For Premium Service Customers
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution Rolls Out First Vehicle Inspection Centre
- UAE: ADNOC Expands Ramadan Activities To Reach 1 Million
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution Posts 14.3% Gross Profit For 1Q2018
Latest from PWKD
- USA: Husky Energy Unveils New iPhone Application
- Malaysia: Petronas Targets 30 Per Cent Non-Fuel Sales
- USA: Kroger & Alibaba First International Customers Online Store Launch
- USA: ExxonMobil 'Uber For Fuel' Expands in USA
- USA: Yesway Drives 45.2% of Its Loyalty Members from Pump to Store with Paytronix