Gets ready to provide renewed uplift to next generation of Australian cricketers
After committing as the inaugural partner of a brand-new community level junior program, Woolworths is set to provide a fresh boost to the next generation of Australian cricketers.
With the new Cricket Australia run program designed for boys and girls to build skills through fun, game based activities as well as by playing modified games in a social setting, Woolworths Cricket Blast is set to launch later this year. Woolworths’ partnership with the sport will also see the supermarket supporting the entire junior cricket pathway.
Each year across school and club programs, more than 900,000 kids participate in entry level cricket skills development programs in Australia. A further commitment by Woolworths to inspire the next generation of healthy, active kids is the cricket partnership, in addition to joining the supermarkets existing Fresh Food partnerships with Netball Australia, Surfing Australia and the AFL.
“Every summer junior cricket is a vital part of many Aussie communities, with thousands of families heading to their local oval each week as kids build vital skills by taking part in one of the country’s most popular participation sports,” said Woolworths Supermarkets Managing Director Claire Peters. “Eating fresh and healthy food is also essential to the success of any junior cricket player and we are thrilled that Woolworths Cricket Blast will help continue our focus on supporting the next generation of fresh food kids.”
Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland said; “We are delighted to have Woolworths on board as a partner across the Australian junior cricket pathway and to have them providing support from grassroots to elite levels of the game. With their focus on fresh food and the community as Australia’s Fresh Food People, this is the perfect partnership to help inspire budding cricketers as they start their journey with the game.
He added that they are confident that the Woolworths team, together with cricket’s 4,000 clubs and thousands of volunteers, will bring this partnership to life in a positive way, making it easier and fun for more kids to eat well, be active and play cricket.” PWKD18062018
- Australia: Woolworths ‘Shop And Go’ Technology Trial
- Australia: Woolworths Hires Peter Hearl As Chairman Of Fuel Business
- Australia: Woolworths Will Donate Fresh Food Profits To Support Drought Hit Farmers
- Australia: Woolworths Rewards On Google Play
- Australia: Woolworths Metro New Concept Store On Pitt St Mall
Latest from PWKD
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés
- USA: Amazon Plans 3,000 Cashierless Stores By 2021
- USA: Hucks Convenience Stores & Godfather Pizza Partnership Extension
- Oman: Oman Oil Marketing Company Reveals Organizational Road Map
- Netherlands: Pitpoint 71st CNG / Greengas Station Launch