Subway®, the world's largest sandwich chain, announces the recipients of its 2018 Franchise Owners of the Year and Business Development Agents of the Year awards during the company's annual convention in Washington, DC.
The brand recognized eight Franchise Owner teams and three teams from its Business Development Agent community for their commitment to operational excellence, leadership in the industry and delivering an exceptional experience to every guest who walks in their restaurants.
"Each Franchise Owner and Business Development Agent is an entrepreneur and partners that has helped build our brand into the world's best restaurant chain," said Current CEO Trevor Haynes. "We know the best ideas often come from those who work closest to bring an exceptional experience to our guests each and every day. We are excited to collaborate with Franchise Owners and Business Development Agents around the world to continue setting an innovative path for the brand and to maintain our status as one of the world's most favorite brands."
The Subway brand has more than 21,000 franchisees, who engage with millions of customers around the world each day. The 2018 Subway Franchise Owners of the Year are:
- Brenda Aranda, Chicago, Ill
- Mohammad Hannan, Washington, DC
- Refined Holding Limited, London, England
- Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores Inc., Oklahoma City, OK
- Danilo Araujo Gomes Martins, Lorena Carvalho Monteiro, Andre Correa Carvalho Pinelli and Wesley da Silveira Torres from Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Johannes Jansen, Maastricht, Netherlands
- Sanjucta Kumar, New Delhi, India
- Hemal Shah and Vibha Shah, Mumbai, India
Subway Business Development Agents, who are usually Franchise Owners themselves, create teams in their markets to work with Franchise Owners on a wide range of tasks – from food safety and appearance to new product launches and brand initiatives. In their role, they help franchisees operate exceptional and profitable sandwich shops. The 2018 Subway Business Development Agents of the Year are:
- Chetan Arora, Bobby Gulri and Robby Gulri, India
- Jennifer Garana and Michael Ku, South Korea
- Mike Lopez and Scott Ritchie, Canada
Founded by then 17-year-old Fred DeLuca and family friend Dr. Peter Buck more than 53 years ago, Subway is still a family-owned business, working with more than 21,000 dedicated Franchisees in communities around the world. PW190918