An agreement has been signed by Rubis to acquire from EG Retail (France) SAS (formerly EFR France) its fuel distribution business based in Corsica as well as the related logistics.
With a turnover of €6bn, EG Group is a specialist fuel marketer present across Europe, having a network of 2,700 fuel service stations.
There will be a gradual shift of fuel retail network to ViTO, Rubis Corsica visual identity by the end of the transition period.
Rubis’ strategy is to seize all opportunities to build up its positions and the recent acquisition is perfectly in line with this.
As the transaction is completed, this additional business along with the expected synergies will positively contribute to Rubis profitability.
Highlights of the deal include:
Market distribution rights in Corsica currently operating under the BP brand which will give Rubis the leading market position with 64 fuel service stations through 17 distributor agreements; giving Rubis’ 75% holding by share transfer of 21.5% of DPLC (the company controlling the Ajaccio and Bastia depots); “Go the easy way” Corsica petrol card customers. PWKD05102017
Latest from PWKD
- OPW Global At Kuala Lumpur Expo 2018
- Hungary: Spar To Sponsor U18 European Athletics Championships
- Brazil: Senate Allows Ethanol Producers Selling Fuel To Fuel Service Stations
- USA: Market Force & Phillips 66 Introduce Key Driver Fuel Forecast Indicator
- UAE: ADNOC Distribution Rolls Out First Vehicle Inspection Centre