Valero Energy Corporation’s subsidiary, Valero Logistics UK Ltd and SemGroup Europe Holding L.L.C., a SemGroup Corporation company have decided to buy SemLogistics Milford Haven fuel storage facility on the west coast of Wales, and an agreement has been signed to this effect.
With 8.5 million barrels of capacity for storing fuel, fuel blendstocks, naphtha, jet fuel, diesel, and crude oil, the facility is one of the largest fuel products storage facility in the United Kingdom (UK). Valero has the flexibility to meet customers’ demands in the UK and throughout Northwest Europe, since over 67 percent of the storage capacity is multiproduct or dual purpose. In addition, Milford Haven will continue to operate as a third-party storage facility, offering storage options for third-party customers across the European fuel markets.
“This facility complements our Pembroke refinery and fuel terminals in the UK and Ireland making it a natural fit for the company. This purchase demonstrates Valero’s commitment to Wales and the UK, and it aligns with our strategy to grow the logistics business and reduce secondary costs,” said Joe Gorder, Valero Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. PWKD28022018
Latest from PWKD
- Germany: Saxony First Hydrogen Service Station Launch By H2 MOBILITY
- India: IOC Launch Plastic Recycling in Fuel Retail Network
- USA: PriceAdvantage Selected By Casey’s General Stores For Fuel Price Management
- Hungary: MOL Recognized By Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés