A contract to connect and upgrade 4,000 fuel service stations in Spain and Portugal owned by Spanish energy giant Repsol, has been announced by Vodafone Spain.
The deal will serve to significantly enhance the existing fiber, 4G, 3G, XDSL and VSAT connectivity of Repsol’s establishments, while at the same time incorporating new customer-oriented digital elements. An IPVPN data network to guarantee all electronic transactions processed at Repsol’s fuel service stations will be implemented by Vodafone primarily, in addition to providing disaster recovery plans in the event of network failures.
The first sustainable fuel service station with value-added services including a high-speed free Wi-Fi network for customers, digital displays and connection to Repsol's mobile payment application Waylet has been recently launched by the partners in central Madrid. Source: Telecompaper PWKD12032018
Latest from PWKD
- Germany: Saxony First Hydrogen Service Station Launch By H2 MOBILITY
- India: IOC Launch Plastic Recycling in Fuel Retail Network
- USA: PriceAdvantage Selected By Casey’s General Stores For Fuel Price Management
- Hungary: MOL Recognized By Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés