The Department of Energy (DOE), Petron Corp., Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp. and Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Inc., have all reached a consensus to provide fuel discounts to public utility vehicles (PUVs), and have signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) to this effect.
“These corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs of the fuel companies are aimed to mitigate the impact of Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (TRAIN) Law’s impact on transportation fares,” said Energy Secretary Alfonso G. Cusi.
The fuel companies’ existing discount programs for PUJs will be expanded by the CSR programs, which includes the increase in the number of participating fuel service stations, higher discounts and inclusion of other PUVs.
The agreement’s highlights include: a minimum of PhP1.00 discounts per liter of liquid fuels to public utility vehicles (PUVs), that could include jeepneys and taxis; a designated lane for PUVs to be provided by fuel companies; drivers of PUVs to be offered additional privileges and other promotional offers.
Raising funds to finance major infrastructure projects and relevant projects of the government to uplift the lives of the Filipino people and the next generations to come, was the objective of the TRAIN Law, according to Sec. Cusi
Cusi concluded that energy efficiency and the CSR schemes are being pursued by the DOE to maximize the benefit of having a higher take home pay for lower and middle class income taxpayers. PWKD05032018
- Philippines: Phoenix Fuel Master JC Intal Becomes Phoenix Fuel Retail Dealer
- Philippines: Phoenix Petroleum Net Income Increases 59% In 1H 2018
- Philippines: Phoenix Petroleum Exhibits At Franchise Asia Philippines 2018
- Malaysia: Petron Offers Emergency Help At Its Fuel Service Stations
- Philippines: Phoenix Petroleum Increases Services To Cebu Pacific Air
Latest from PWKD
- India: IOC Launch Plastic Recycling in Fuel Retail Network
- USA: PriceAdvantage Selected By Casey’s General Stores For Fuel Price Management
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés
- USA: Amazon Plans 3,000 Cashierless Stores By 2021
- USA: Hucks Convenience Stores & Godfather Pizza Partnership Extension