The transaction announced does not amount to an FID which remains pending.
Shell Canada Energy, PetroChina Kitimat LNG Partnership, Diamond LNG Canada Ltd. and Kogas Canada LNG Ltd. today announced that Petroliam Nasional Berhad (“PETRONAS”) will take an equity position in LNG Canada, located in Kitimat, British Columbia on the west coast of Canada, through its wholly owned entity the North Montney LNG Limited Partnership (“NMLLP”), subject to regulatory approvals and closing conditions.
As a result of this transaction, if approved and upon closing, ownership interests in LNG Canada would be Shell Canada Energy, a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell plc (“Shell”), (40%); PETRONAS (through NMLLP), (25%); PetroChina Kitimat LNG Partnership, a subsidiary of PetroChina Canada Ltd., (15%); Diamond LNG Canada Ltd., a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, (15%); and Kogas Canada LNG Ltd. (5%).
British Columbia (B.C.) is home to one of the largest and most accessible sources of natural gas in the world. If constructed, LNG Canada participants will ship natural gas, including from B.C.’s vast reserves, to various countries where the imported gas could displace more carbon intensive energy sources, helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
LNG Canada recently selected the joint venture of JGC Corporation (“JGC”) and Fluor Corporation (“Fluor”) as the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor for the project and is currently finalizing materials in preparation for a final investment decision (FID) by joint venture participants.
The timing and outcome of an FID will be decided by joint venture participants based on global energy markets, and the overall competitiveness and affordability of the project. PWKD04062018
- Oman: Shell Chooses Ooredoo As Digital Partner Of Choice
- England UK: GeniePoint MFG EV Charging Expands
- Oman: Shell & National Plastic Factory Supplier Deal Agreement
- Philippines: Hyundai Reaffirms Shell As Best Fuels Partner For Their Cars
- USA: Bona Design Lab Creates Prototype Design For Shell Select Convenience Store
Latest from PWKD
- Philippines: Northern Star Energy Corp. Finalist In S&P Global Energy Awards
- UK: Certas Energy Selects Orbis Tech’s EPOS Solution
- Australia: Woolworths’ Funds From ‘Bag for Good’ For Landcare Grants Program
- Mexico: New Fuel Service Station Arrives in Zamora
- USA: Marathon Petroleum Rebranding SuperAmerica To Speedway