WEX Inc. announced the launch of DriverDash, a simple, easy-to-use alternative to plastic for added security.
DriverDash lets fleet drivers authorize a fuel transaction from inside their vehicles to create a seamless and secure transaction via mobile device.
WEX Vice President of Product, Peggy Watson said, “DriverDash is the next evolution in fuel cards: powerful, fast, simple and convenient. We’re thrilled to continue to use our innovative technology to provide customers with modern, safe, seamless ways to pay for their fuel and capture their data.”
DriverDash borrows heavily from the long WEX tradition of using proprietary technology in close consultation with customers to develop products that make the daily operations of their job easier.
“Drivers will get a faster, easier, intuitive payment experience,” she said. “Businesses will see less downtime for fueling and enhanced transaction security. DriverDash uses thumbprint or facial recognition to authorize and document the transaction and drivers can only utilize the app upon receiving an invite from the fleet manager.”
The DriverDash program is currently available at more than 11,000 Exxon and Mobil-branded fuel service stations across the continental U.S. and WEX is actively expanding the network among its accepting merchants.
“We are excited to partner with WEX in accepting the DriverDash mobile payment app, for use with our proprietary ExxonMobil fleet cards,” said Miguel Castillo, Americas Payments Marketing Manager, ExxonMobil Fuels and Lubricants. “This is a great addition to our fleet card benefits, and we look forward to continuously innovating with WEX to meet the evolving needs of our customers.”
“We live in a mobile age in which we use our phones for just about everything,” Watson said. “So as we continue to look at ways to better serve our customers, it only made sense to bring our traditional payments platform to mobile devices.” PWKD19062018
- USA: WEX Fleet Cards Now Accepted at Monro Family of Maintenance Centers
- USA: Visa Inc. & WEX Inc. Unite, Offering Wider Customer Choices
- USA: WEX and Kum & Go Extend Agreement On Customer Card Program
- USA: WEX Health Cloud COBRA & Direct Billing Mobile App Launch
- USA: WEX Inc. Reaches Agreement With Shell To Operate Fleet Cards
Latest from PWKD
- Spain: Repsol 3 Year Growth Plan To Be Largest Network With El Corte Inglés
- USA: Amazon Plans 3,000 Cashierless Stores By 2021
- USA: Hucks Convenience Stores & Godfather Pizza Partnership Extension
- Oman: Oman Oil Marketing Company Reveals Organizational Road Map
- Netherlands: Pitpoint 71st CNG / Greengas Station Launch